Welcome to the Blind Vet Tech News and Announcements blog and podcasts channel. This is your number one location to learn more about the Blind Vet Tech team, receive alerts and announcements about upcoming blind Vet Tech teleconferences or listen to recordings of many of our teleconferences, or stay informed about the greater world of assistive tech and devices.
Blind Vet Tech is right for you if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Are you a Veteran with a visual impairment interested in learning more about assistive technologies and devices which will increase your independence?
- Have you recently attended a Blind Rehab Center and wish to learn more about the devices you received?
- Would you like to join your fellow blinded Veterans in discussing the various technologies we each use on a regular basis?
The Blind Vet Tech team and community is open to everyone. It matters not if you are a newly blinded Veteran just taking their first steps into the world of blindness or are a long time user of assistive tech, we are here for you. Its our belief learning by sharing experiences increases your confidence and proficiency using and integrating the myriad of software and hardware solutions you might receive.
Joining only requires you to be informed about how to participate in our teleconferences, Facebook discussion group, and email lists. Our podcasts and blog posts will inform you about upcoming teleconferences, how to chime in, and the subject for the session.
You can receive this information through several different methods:
- Subscribe and like the Blind Vet Tech News and Announcements podcast through your Victor Reader, Hims Blaze, or favorite podcast app on your smart phone or tablet
- Receive an email about any posts by subscribing to our blog
If you have any questions, comments, or requests, feel free to send us an email here. All of our podcasts and other information related to Veterans, blindness, acceptance of a disability, and other resources may be found at BlindNotAlone.com Looking for more information about when we host our monthly teleconferences for Visually Impaired Veterans, click here.