Are you interested in learning more about technology promoting the independence of visually impaired and blind individuals? Have you received a device, like an iPhone or iPad, and wish to fully harness the potential of the device? Are you searching for a group of peers to learn and share your experiences related to technology and blindness?
If you answered yes, or simply are interested in learning more about technological solutions for visual impairments and blindness, join us on Blind Vet Tech.
What is Blind Vet Tech?
Blind Vet Tech is a demonstration and information sharing community of visually impaired and blind end users of some of the most popular devices and assistive tech solutions enhancing our independence. We achieve this mission through our monthly teleconferences, podcast, and discussion groups.
What does Blind Vet Tech consist of?
Blind Vet Tech consists of:
- Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials podcast series
- Monthly teleconferences for MacOS, Windows 10 with Narrator, iPhone and iPad, general tech discussions, and general peer support
- The Blind Vet Tech news and announcement blog and the Blind Not Alone blog, so you can stay up to date with assistive tech news and upcoming teleconferences
- Blind Not Alone’s Facebook page for discussions and announcements
The Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials Podcast series provides short demonstrations, product reviews, information, and tutorials for a range of different devices one might use related to sight loss. These includes different features and apps for the iPhone and iPad, computers, and other adaptive technologies like Daisy book players. Select from any of the below methods to start listening to the Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials Podcast:
- Click here to visit the Blind Vet Tech Podcast and Blog page to listen to podcasts and read our blog entries.
- If you use a podcast app or RSS feed to listen to podcast, click this link to subscribe to our channel.
- Click here to find the Blind Vet Tech Quick Guides and Tutorials channel on iTunes.
Blind Vet Tech offers four monthly teleconferences to learn about some of the most popular devices and tech solutions for visually impaired and blind individuals. Each call employs peer support to promote the understanding and integration of the most beneficial tips and tricks to fully harness any and all devices. We offer the following four monthly teleconferences:
- MOnthly Narrator Talk – focuses on Windows 10 with Narrator
- Monthly MacOS Talk – focuses on using Apple’s iMacs and MacBooks
- Monthly Tech Talk – focuses on any assistive tech or digital solution for blindness
- Open Mic Night – our relaxed session to share information about our lives, being blind or other topics of interest
The Blind Vet Tech News and Announcements blog is the premier method to stay up to date with events and upcoming teleconferences for Blind Vet Tech. This channel is also home to the Blind Vet Tech News and Announcements podcast channel, which provides an alternative method to obtain information about upcoming and past teleconferences.
What started as a list of iOS guides has expanded to a series of blog posts on using different assistive technologies and commentary on assistive technologies. Posts ranges from how to articles to assisting in upgrading questions. Our posts have been featured in the bulletins and newsletters of various blindness organizations.
The final aspect of Blind Vet Tech is our sponsor’s Facebook Page, Blind Not Alone, LLC. By Liking the page, you will never miss an announcement from either of the blogs or alerts for upcoming calls. Additionally, there is no better way to exchange ideas than over Facebook exchanges.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to drop us an email through our Contact Us page. Questions can range from requesting assistance with a device to recommendations for podcast episodes.